I was surprised, pleased and shocked to get nominated for a liebster award!
Thank you SHERINASPEAKS! I am flattered.
I have copied the rules as stated in her nomination.
- Link the person who nominated you to your blog post and let them know you answered their questions.
- Answer the 10 questions given to you by the nominator.
- Nominate 10 other bloggers.
- Create 11 questions for your nominees to answer.
- Let the nominees know that they have been nominated by going to their blog and notifying them
Here are my answers to the questions.
- How are you doing today?
Today has been great! The kids have been well-behaved – so we have had a relaxing day off – we went to the park and enjoyed the good weather!
- Do you prefer to type, or write on pen and paper? Why?
I prefer to type. When I type the thoughts flow much easier, and I can type faster than I can handwrite – which means I work faster. Also my handwriting in unintelligible when trying to write fast! On top of that – I find it easier to work electronically. Its easier to edit. And using cloud services (I use mainly Google Drive now) I have access to my work just about anywhere! If I am in a doctors waiting room – delayed by hours sometimes – I can whip out my phone and make some notes. Get back home later and pick up from where I left off. Steal a sneaky 10 minutes to jot down an idea while at work. When I wake at night with a sudden thought I can quickly jot it down with my tablet. It will always be backed up in the cloud so the chances of losing it are remote.
- What is your favourite quote? Why?
“The only constant is change.” Frank Herbert – Dune. Once you accept that life is easier to deal with in may ways.
- Cats or dogs?
Cats – as they are lower maintenance and pretty much self-reliant.
- What is the first thing you grab at a buffet?
Cheese and pineapple chunks on cocktails sticks. If that doesn’t betray my seventies upbringing then I don’t know what does.
- What is your favourite thing about blogging?
Finding a community of like-minded people. It gives you hope for humanity – that there are people out there who are not as the media would have us believe we all are.
- What are you an expert on?
The only thing I am an expert on is my lack of knowledge about everything 🙂
- What made you smile today?
My children enjoying themselves in the sun – and behaving!
- What is your dream vacation?
It would probably be a combination of walking – writing and playing with the kids. Right now – any vacation would be a dream!
- What is your ultimate goal in life?
To be able to provide security and stability for my family while doing what I love. So basically become a well paid writer 🙂
- Can money buy happiness?
They say not – I would like to have the opportunity to test the theory.
So in turn I nominate the following superb blogs
- Zoe Ambler
- lily pups life
- my poetic pages
- The Demon Gin
- The crafty mastermind
And these are my questions to them.
- What motivates you to blog?
- Do you write anything that you do not share?
- How do you make time to write?
- Do you have any writing rituals?
- Who are your influences?
- Who would you like to meet?
- Where would you like to be in 10 years time?
- What one skill would you like to master?
- Do you like to listen to music while you write?
- How else do you like to relax?